Did Tangled predict the Coronavirus?

Gabby Houde, Copy Editor

In the midst of this pandemic, many people are turning to social media to make their predictions about what is going to happen next. Some people are even looking into conspiracy theories of what could have caused the Coronavirus. One of these theories deals with the Disney movie Tangled

A TikTok user turned to the social media platform to talk about the movie and its similarities to what is currently going on in our society. Tangled came out in 2010, long before this pandemic began. 

The user pointed out that in the movie, Rapunzel sings a song about what to do when you’re stuck in quarantine. The song, “When Will My Life Begin”, goes into detail about what Rapunzel does all day locked in her tower. The lyrics include doing things like “start on the chores and sweep ’till the floor’s all clean” and “so I’ll read a book, or maybe two or three. I’ll add a few new paintings to my gallery.” 

There’s also the fact that Rapunzel is locked in a tower, where her mother will not let her leave. Which is how all of the students currently feel, locked in their homes while their mothers won’t let them go anywhere. 

This may all seem like a silly coincidence. But I haven’t even gotten to the best part. Have you ever looked up what Rapunzel’s kingdom is called? It’s called Corona. If that doesn’t give you chills, I don’t know what will. 

It’s probably all one big coincidence. Right?