Boys Varsity Basketball team overview

Terrance Moncrief, Sports Editor

This year’s boys’ basketball team season is not the best, but is still very much a contender in their conference. The varsity team’s record as of February 20th is 5-16. Do not let this record fool you. They will still have the opportunity of competing for a regional win.

This year, there were 5 seniors on the team. Kevon Dorris, Jamonte Benton, Justin Corcoran, Tristian House, and Tashawn Nowden. This year’s Senior Night was also one to never forget. The Seniors started and came out of the gayes ready to play. Joliet West came out with the win not only for the seniors, but also for Coach P’s last regular season game.

Joliet West has been on a roller coaster this season. With me being on the team, I was able to get some responses from my teammates to the situation.

Diamante Morrow said, “We have had our ups and downs, but we have stuck together and we will be just fine.”

I also think, there is only a matter time before the team makes a huge comeback and prove everyone wrong.

Many have doubted this year’s basketball team due to how young they are. There are only a few seniors, but many sophomores and many juniors. This year was more of a learning season for the varsity team. They will be fine in the long run.