Library supports local bookstores by placing a huge order

Miss Lingafelter, Librarian

The newly renovated Joliet West library boasts a variety of reading selections, including new titles purchased from a small business, Anderson’s Books. Photo courtesy of Ms. Lingafelter.

Keya Patel, Staff Writer

Buying from local bookstores and supporting small businesses is a commitment that the library has recently made. Instead of buying from big corporations such as Amazon, the library wanted to support small businesses in Will County. So they have placed a huge book order coming in from Anderson’s Bookshop. 

Anderson’s Bookshop is an amazing book store that has locations at both Naperville and Downers Grove. “We encourage everyone to think about shopping at a locally-owned business like Anderson’s,” said Ms. Lingafelter. 

Anderson’s Bookshop also has book signings where you can get a chance to meet an author and get your copy of their book signed. 

Joliet also has a used book store on Route 30 called The Book Market where you can sell your books and get new ones at discounted prices. There is also a Barnes and Noble franchise at Joliet where the library also purchases books. 

The library has a huge order coming from Anderson’s Bookshop which includes You’ll Be the Death of Me by Karen McManus. If you loved the One of Us is Lying series also by Karen McManus, you will also be a fan of this book. 

There have been multiple sequels released to different series such as the Aristotle & Dante series by Benjamin Alire Saenz, the Crave series by Tracy Wolff and The Inheritance Game series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. There has also been a sequel to Out of my Mind by Sharon M. Draper called Out of my Heart and it was released on September 29, 2021. 

The library is also expanding it’s manga and graphic novel collection including A Silent Voice, Dragon-Ball Z and Teen Titans. A graphic novel form of Stranger Things has also been ordered. A graphic novel version of Graceling by Kristin Cashore is available at the library. 

A good handful of humorous and romance books are coming in as well such as Time of our Lives and What’s not to Love by Emily Wibberly. More romance books by Kasie West have also been ordered such as Fame, Fate and the First Kiss. A sequel to the first book Love, Life and the List. 

Fans of Kpop will love Kpop Confidential by Stephen Lee and a sequel is expected to release on April 5, 2022 called Kpop Revolution

Thrillers and horror books have also been ordered such as Ransom Riggs series Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children. Books by the author Natasha Preston have also been ordered such as The Cabin

The library loves to get book recommendations from students and teachers. If you want to recommend a book for the library to purchase, feel free to reach out to the librarians.