SAT Prep Classes

Aileen Carranza, Features Editor

As the semester comes to end in time to start preparing for important upcoming events. A date that should be marked on your calendar is April 10, 2018, the date in which the official SAT test will take place. The SAT test is a standardized test that many colleges across the country use to determine how prepared a student is for college. Joliet West and Central are providing SAT prep classes that include an initial practice test, review over the SAT and its content, strategies to use while taking the SAT, overview of the assessments, and post practice test in full. The overall cost for materials $35 and a filled-out form that can be found on the JTHS website. Since class size is limited, they are filled on a first come, first serve basis. The deadline for registration in November 29, 2017. The prep classes at Central will take place on Tuesdays (6:30 pm- 8:30pm) beginning on February 6 through March 13; classes on Wednesday (3:30 pm- 5:30 pm) beginning on February 7, through March 14. Classes held at Joliet West are on Mondays (6:30 pm- 8:30 pm) starting on January 29, through March 12, and on Thursdays (3:30 pm- 5:30 pm) starting on February 8, through March 15. Pre-Tests will be taken on Thursday, December 7, 2017, from 7:00 am- 12:15 pm (SIP A Day) and Post-tests are on Thursday, March 22, 2018 from 7:00 am- 12:15 pm (SIP B Day). Students will be excused from 5th hour.  Students can sign up for any of the sessions, despite the campus they attend. Registration forms should be turned in at the books store.