EU coming to an end?

Jacob Dunskis, Columnist

A teacher tells a class they have a homework assignment almost every night, and after three weeks of many students not completing the assignments the teacher stops checking the assignments because ‘no one is doing them.’ These students formed a union by the result of their laziness. While yes, perhaps they will all now do worse on the tests and quizzes that come they still completed their goal. By joining forces, and working together, students changed how the class works. This is how unions work.

Unions are not only made up of people, like the European Union, often called the E.U., is a union of countries in Europe working to achieve political serenity, and economic stability. Some major countries within the E.U. are Britain, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and Ireland. With many smaller countries that are also a part of the E.U. There are 21 countries in the E.U. as of 2015. By the end of 2016 there may be as few as 17 if the Union can even last.

The British Prime minister, David Cameron, stated in an interview last year that he believed that the best hope for Britain as a nation to prosper and get past the problems that face them in the 21st century would be in a reformed E.U. However after a series of issues, debates and intense negotiations David Cameron stated, “Nothing has changed.”

He went on to state that he believes any chance for reform within the E.U. at this point would be futile. That he has been working nonstop and yet he seems unable to accomplish anything. He announced on the 20 of February that he will be holding one final negotiation for reformation within the European Union, on June 23, 2016. If nothing can become of that, then Britain will have to look out for itself and leave the European Union. And whatever happens to the E.U. after that, is not of his, nor the British people’s concern.

Follow this story: http://www.dailyeasternnews.com/2015/10/19/eastern-will-fight-to-stay-open-in-future/