How did students feel about prom?

Arianna Westbrooks, Features Editor

Due to COVID-19, on May 6, 2022 it was the first time in 2 years that Joliet West High School had a regular prom.

Last year, in 2021 students had to choose a time slot to come to prom and in 2020 there was no prom.

Here’s what students thought about this years prom:
Senior, Alaysia Crudup, said, “I would say it was pretty fun but to improve it maybe more seating”
Senior, Camille Almodovar, said “My experience at prom was really nice and I was grateful to have one because I know seniors last year did not have a prom. And I’m glad I went because at first I wasn’t going to but I felt like I needed to go because Tom is a one in a lifetime opportunity and people tend to miss it and then later down the line they look back and hate that they didn’t go so I’m glad I went. My experience at prom was really nice and I was grateful to have one because I know seniors last year did not have a prom. And I’m glad I went because at first I wasn’t going to but I felt like I needed to go because Tom is a one in a lifetime opportunity and people tend to miss it and then later down the line they look back and hate that they didn’t go so I’m glad I went. “
Junior, Marissa Levandowski said, “Prom was very fun with friends, but I do wish the decorations matched the theme more.“
Junior, Cheyenne Smith, said “I thought it was fun and I had a good time and there was some great music that I was able to get down to with the group I was with.”
Junior, Helena Campbell said“I don’t think there’s anything I could improve because I did have fun and if I was to change anything about it the experience wouldn’t be the same. The whole gig of buying dresses getting ready like a fashion show ready to happen and is very a bold moment for your life”
Sophomore, Erica Van Gorden, said,“I think prom is extremely overhyped so it wasn’t what I was expecting. I had a good time though, but since I’m a sophomore I probably would’ve had more fun if I had more of my friends there. The food they had there was pretty good but I feel the dj could’ve played better music. If you were there with a date he only played 3 slow songs to dance to and the rest was rap, 2000s hits, and Spanish song.”
All in all, Prom 2022 was a luxurious night to remember under the stars. Thanks to the Junior Class Committee for all the hard work to make Prom happen.