Top Christmas movies

Mariah Brooks, Staff Writer

There’s so many Christmas movies out there, but which one is the best? Some Joliet West students were asked this question, and now there is an answer. The students were given the choice between 5 iconic Christmas movies to choose from. This poll has over 100 responses so let’s go over the results.

There was a tie for first place with 21% percent of the votes from students. So without further ado, the two most popular Christmas movies are Home Alone, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Home Alone is a film franchise with many remakes, the newest one coming out in 2021 can be streamed on Disney +. How the Grinch Stole Christmas has also been remade many times since it’s release in 2000.

The movie coming in second place is The Polar Express, with 20% of the votes. The Polar Express came out in 2004, and can be watched on HBO Max this season.

The Christmas movie in third place is Elf with 11% of the votes. Elf came out in 2003, and is being shown at local theaters. It also can be streamed on HBO Max as well. One person who chose this movie as their favorite said this, “I choose Elf because it is such a nostalgic movie that brings me joy every year.”

The movie coming in last place out of the options given is Die Hard with only 2% of the votes. Obviously this one isn’t a favorite at Joliet West this year. Die Hard is a film series as well, and the first movie came out in 1988. 

Some other honorable mentions are, Home Alone Lost in New York, It’s a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, National Lampoon Christmas Movie, and last but not least Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer. 

All of the movies that were mentioned are all great movies to watch to get into the Christmas spirit. Thank you to all the students who took the time to respond to this poll.