Fall into something fun

Haley Maser, Views Editor

As the leaves fall and the air gets cooler, new opportunities arise to have fun and make memories. From school events to festive haunted houses or the newest hit movies, the beginning of autumn brings something new for everyone. Joliet West hosts many events for students to enjoy in the upcoming months. Fall sports are in full swing with football, volleyball, and more games occurring throughout October. Also coming this season, West’s annual variety show will be taking place on November 7th, which will showcase the many talents of students. There are many opportunities to have a great time while supporting the school.
Outside of school, there are many more opportunities to have fun this fall within the surrounding community. Kicking off the entertainment season with a dark plot, Joker hits theaters on October 4th. The movie follows the origin of a classic villain as he falls deeper into madness. Another spooky activity to get ready for Halloween is Statesville haunted house, a popular location which is open Thursday through Sunday in Lockport. For a slightly toned-down scare, Heaps Pumpkin farm is a great alternative. Located in Minooka, the farm offers pumpkin picking, a haunted corn maze, as well as a non-haunted maze and hayride. Sarah Shay, a sophomore student, commented, “I always love going to Heaps Haunted Corn Maze in fall with all of my friends and getting scared together.” Whether it is showing school spirit at a school event, staying in to watch a great show, or getting scared with friends in a haunted house, there are many opportunities to make memories this autumn.